Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- michael adair on O Movimento Novo / A New Movement in Capoeira
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas | 4capoeirathoughts on Why is November the month of the Black Consciousness?!
- Fabio Araújo Fernandes on The internationalization of Capoeira
- MarMar al MarMar on Capoeira expands activities in the West Bank with assistance from Brazil
Category Archives: Social Capoeira
The Centro de Capoeira São Salomão (CCSS) is a not-for-proft cultural entity created with the aim of keeping alive the traditions of Capoeira. CCSS teaches a series of interdisciplinary and Capoeira-related programs as an instrument for education, citizenship building and … Continue reading →
Vinícius de Moraes, the Brazilian poet, composer and singer says that we don’t ‘make’ friends, we simply acknowledge that the friendship was already there as soon as we meet friends for the first time. This is exactly how I felt … Continue reading →
Through an account of capoeira, the Brazilian dance-fight-game, we uncover two simultaneous stories of security: first, the gradual monopolisation of violence by the state; second, a somatic, lyrical representation of a history of violence, oppression and liberation.