Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- michael adair on O Movimento Novo / A New Movement in Capoeira
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas | 4capoeirathoughts on Why is November the month of the Black Consciousness?!
- Fabio Araújo Fernandes on The internationalization of Capoeira
- MarMar al MarMar on Capoeira expands activities in the West Bank with assistance from Brazil
Tag Archives: capoeira research
The global diffusion of Capoeira, as a historical and geographical standpoint, marks the rampant intensification of the art’s recognition intertwined with its commercialisation processes. The transnational scenario of Capoeira, established next, brought an intricate institutional, cultural, and economic interplay … Continue reading →
Vagrant Resistance: Syncretism and Rebellion – The first definition of Capoeira as fight/game appears in the first decade of the 19th century. The term continued, however, to indicate a broad spectrum of activities acting against public security and/or private property; … Continue reading →
(First posted in 31/07/10) Following last post’s line of thought, here it goes another piece of my PhD confirmation paper. It’s basically my take on the history of Capoeira. It’s not a novelty around here, rather it is simply my … Continue reading →