Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- michael adair on O Movimento Novo / A New Movement in Capoeira
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas | 4capoeirathoughts on Why is November the month of the Black Consciousness?!
- Fabio Araújo Fernandes on The internationalization of Capoeira
- MarMar al MarMar on Capoeira expands activities in the West Bank with assistance from Brazil
Tag Archives: capoeira
… I learnt that distance, as much as proximity, is essential to understand our relationship with both our counterparts and craft. … The message that follows was written to my Brazilian friends (even though some are living abroad) on my … Continue reading
Prefacing Roger Garaudy‘s Dançar a Vida (Dancing Life) Maurice Béjart tells how words can sometimes divide people while dancing seems to always harmoniously bring them together. The book studies the history of Dance and how it can become a practical … Continue reading
Before leaving Brazil I remember there was a fuzz about Mestre Gil Velho’s (Anthropologist and Co-founder of the Senzala Group) take on how people should play Capoeira. In his view we should rescue the old habits of playing Capoeira to … Continue reading