Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- michael adair on O Movimento Novo / A New Movement in Capoeira
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas | 4capoeirathoughts on Why is November the month of the Black Consciousness?!
- Fabio Araújo Fernandes on The internationalization of Capoeira
- MarMar al MarMar on Capoeira expands activities in the West Bank with assistance from Brazil
Tag Archives: Cordão de Ouro
Macaya means ‘celebration, party’ in Iorubá. Relying exclusively on voluntary work, the troupe was entirely cast of capoeiras, mostly of beginners without any previous experience in theatre or dance. Profa. Josi Rocha, besides directing and choreographing the troupe, was one … Continue reading
This is the final post on Mestre Suassuna’s biography, in it he covers his decision of moving to São Paulo, his difficulties as an interstate migrant and harsh times endeavouring to establish the practice of Capoeira in the South-east of … Continue reading
Continuing the posts on Mestre Suassuna’s biography, in this third post he shares more of trips to Salvador and the cultural context of that time. He also shares his experience with the beginning of the folkloric groups, Capoeira Angola and … Continue reading