Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- michael adair on O Movimento Novo / A New Movement in Capoeira
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas | 4capoeirathoughts on Why is November the month of the Black Consciousness?!
- Fabio Araújo Fernandes on The internationalization of Capoeira
- MarMar al MarMar on Capoeira expands activities in the West Bank with assistance from Brazil
Tag Archives: Mestre Pastinha
November 20 is remembered and celebrated among us as the Day of the Black Consciousness. In fact November is full of important references to the Brazilian Black community and to capoeiras all over the world. This is the reason why … Continue reading
The first time I saw this video featuring Mestres Pastinha, Bobó, and João Pequeno playing was in a symposium in 2006 in Florianópolis, Brazil. The footage was found by Luiz Victor a student of Mestre João Pequeno, in an abandoned … Continue reading
The IRDEB (Educational Broadcasting Institute of Bahia) is broadcasting a radio soap opera on Mestres Bimba’s and Pastinha’s lives (in Portuguese). This is the same Institute that produced ‘Capoeiragem na Bahia’, one of the most important documentaries on Capoeira done … Continue reading